Functional Family Therapy (FFT)
FFT is an evidence-based intervention for youth and families. This high-quality, strengths-focused family counseling model is designed primarily for youth who have been referred by the juvenile justice, mental health, school, or child welfare systems.
Services are short-term (3-6 months) and conducted in both our wellness center and families’ homes. They also can be provided in schools, child welfare facilities, probation and parole systems, and other settings. We tailor our services to each family with the goal of helping each one develop new patterns based on individual strengths so that all members can meet challenges together, now and in the future. By incorporating a family’s individual set of values, cultures, needs, and barriers in the treatment planning process, FFT significantly increases motivation for change, and chances of success.
Who FFT Serves
- Ages: adolescents ages 12 to 17 and their families
- Youth at risk of out-of-home placement (and their families) due to difficulties at home; problems at school and/or in the community; engaging in, or experiencing challenges that may increase the likelihood of, unhealthy activities, including school truancy, gang involvement, substance use, and running away from home.
If you are concerned about a child who may not meet the above criteria but still needs services, please give us a call at 718-358-8288 during business hours, or 718-830-5061 after business hours. We will assist you in finding the right program for your needs. We stand ready to help.
Woodside Family Wellness Center
43-08 52nd Street, 2nd Floor
Woodside, NY 11377
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Fridays 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
English, Italian, Mandarin, Spanish, and Urdu
Edgardo Quiñones, LCSW-R
FFT Proven Results
The Child Center is committed to offering programs that are proven to make a difference. FFT is an evidence-based program. More than 50 studies conducted on FFT over the past five decades point to consistently positive results—both short-term and long-term.
Studies* show that of youth who participated in FFT treatment:
- 77% Have no new offenses 18 months post-referral
- 89% Have no drug charges 18 months post-referral
- 95% Attend school/work at treatment close
Funding and Support
The Woodside FFT program is made possible through the funding of the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and the support of FFT LLC