Individual & Family Counseling
The Child Center of NY provides therapy and support to children and families struggling with a range of emotional and social difficulties. Our caring and qualified staff help clients build resilience, develop social-emotional skills, work through trauma, improve self-esteem, succeed in school, and develop coping skills that will help them handle challenges now and in the future.
We offer culturally sensitive assessment and treatment/counseling services, including medication management and psychiatric evaluations (when applicable), by licensed social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, and nurse practitioners. Medicaid and many third-party insurance plans are accepted. Fees for individuals without insurance are determined based on family income.
Hank Auffarth Family Center
81-14 Queens Boulevard
Elmhurst, NY 11373
Director: Jessica Barrera-Morales, LCSW-R firstname.lastname@example.org
For intakes and referrals, please contact our Intake Coordinator:
Cell Phone: 917-935-2432
- Hours: Monday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Tuesday—Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Services provided: Culturally competent and multi-lingual outpatient counseling for mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Special Services: Child Center Benefits Access, addiction services, Asian Outreach Program, Early Childhood Mental Health Initiative
- Ages accepted: All ages, newborn-adult
- Admission criteria: One member of family must have a mental health or substance abuse diagnosis. Individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism diagnoses are not eligible for this program.
- Languages spoken: Bengali, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), English, Hindi, Spanish, and Urdu
The Macari Family Wellness Center
140-15B Sanford Avenue, Second Floor
Flushing, NY 11355
Senior Program Director: Cho-Yung (Cathy) Wu, LCSW-R, RPT-S, CASAC email@example.com
For the most efficient way to make a referral to us, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note: If you have a referral inquiry, you need to send only one email to this email address and do not need to copy any other parties, as emails to this email address are forwarded to our entire intake team, including the director and supervisors of our program.)
If you would prefer to make a referral by phone, please feel free to call our intake team:
For Chinese and other languages, please contact Fengtao Huang at 929-456-9188.
For English and Spanish, please contact Yohana Plester at 917-935-3941.
- Hours: Monday—Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Services Provided: Culturally competent and multi-lingual outpatient counseling for mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Special Services: Child Center Benefits Access, addiction services, Asian Outreach Program, Early Childhood Mental Health Initiative, OnTrackNY
- Ages: All ages, newborn-adult
- Admission criteria: Must have mental health diagnosis. Individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism diagnoses are not eligible for this program.
- Languages: Bengali, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), English, Hindi, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Urdu
- Public Transportation: Subway—#7 train to Main St., Buses—Q17, Q20A/B, Q25, Q32, Q34, Q44, Q65, LIRR to Main St.
The Jamaica Family Wellness Center
163-18 Jamaica Avenue, Second Floor
Jamaica, NY 11432
Director: Julia Floyd Juliafloyd@childcenterny.org
For intakes for our Court-Involved Youth Program please contact our Engagement Specialist:
Cell Phone: 929-418-2004
- Hours: Monday—Thursday: 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.; Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Services provided: Individual and group counseling for mental health and/or substance use disorder, random toxicology, anger management, trauma groups, domestic violence services, family counseling, DUI Program and vocational counseling.
- Other services available on site: tele-visiting, Prevention and Family Support programs, Early Childhood Mental Health services, pediatric tele-health services, JobNet internship program, and Child Center Benefits Access.
- Ages accepted: all ages—from children who have a parent struggling with substance misuse to adolescents and adults who need treatment for themselves.
- Admission criteria: Current or past history of substance use disorder or mental health concerns or being affected by someone else’s substance use. Serves parents whose substance use may be interfering with their ability to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
- Languages spoken: English, Creole, and Spanish
- Public transportation: Subway— E, J, Z train to Jamaica Center stop; walk three blocks north on Jamaica Avenue.
South Jamaica Clinic*
Lorraine Petracca Family Center
115-15 Sutphin Boulevard
South Jamaica, NY 11434
Phone: 718-297-8000 ext. 256
Fax: 718-262-8228Public Transportation: Buses— Q6TOP OF PAGE
67-14 41st Avenue
Woodside, NY 11377
Director: Jessica Barrera-Morales Jessicamorales@childcenterny.org
For intakes and referrals, please contact Ms. Barrera-Morales.
- Hours: Monday and Thursday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Tuesday & Wednesday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Services provided: Culturally competent and multi-lingual outpatient counseling for mental health issues.
- Ages accepted: Newborn – 21
- Admission criteria: Must have a mental health diagnosis. Individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism diagnoses are not eligible for this program.
- Languages spoken: English, Creole, Romanian, and Spanish
- Public transportation: Subways—#7 to 69th Street/Fisk Ave., E, F, V, G, R to Roosevelt Ave., Buses—Q18, Q45, Q60.
The Child Center also offers individual and family counseling through the Asian Outreach Program, which was developed in response to the unique needs of the Asian community. Our highly trained bilingual and bicultural therapists understand firsthand the hardships of immigration and are able to break through the language and cultural barriers that often keep Asian children and families from getting the help they need and deserve.
*Elmhurst Clinic has relocated to Woodside Clinic. All services can be accessed at Woodside Clinic and via tele-health. Please call 718-458-4243 so that we can help you.