Individual & Family Counseling
The Child Center of NY provides therapy and support to children and families struggling with a range of emotional and social difficulties. Our caring and qualified staff help clients build resilience, develop social-emotional skills, work through trauma, improve self-esteem, succeed in school, and develop coping skills that will help them handle challenges now and in the future.
We offer culturally sensitive assessment and treatment/counseling services, including medication management and psychiatric evaluations (when applicable), by licensed social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, and nurse practitioners. Medicaid and many third-party insurance plans are accepted. Fees for individuals without insurance are determined based on family income.
Hank Auffarth Family Center
81-14 Queens Boulevard
Elmhurst, NY 11373
Director: Cathy Wu Cathywu@childcenterny.org
For intakes and referrals, please contact our Intake Coordinator:
Cell Phone: 917-935-2432
- Hours: Monday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Tuesday—Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Services provided: Culturally competent and multi-lingual outpatient counseling for mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Special Services: Single Stop, addiction services, Asian Outreach Program, Early Childhood Mental Health Initiative
- Ages accepted: All ages, newborn-adult
- Admission criteria: One member of family must have a mental health or substance abuse diagnosis. Individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism diagnoses are not eligible for this program.
- Languages spoken: Bengali, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), English, Hindi, Spanish, and Urdu
- Public Transportation: Subway—R or V to Grand Avenue, Buses— Q53, Q58 and Q60
Macari Family Center
140-15B Sanford Avenue
Flushing, NY 11355
Assistant Program Director, Mental Health: Alla Weinstein firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Program Director, Substance Abuse: Isaiah Mui email@example.com
For intakes and referrals please contact our Intake Coordinators:
For Chinese: Fengtao Huang:
Cell Phone: 929-456-9188
For English and Spanish: Yohana Plester:
Cell Phone: 917-935-3941
- Hours: Monday—Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Services Provided: Culturally competent and multi-lingual outpatient counseling for mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Special Services: Single Stop, addiction services, Asian Outreach Program, Early Childhood Mental Health Initiative, OnTrackNY
- Ages: All ages, newborn-adult
- Admission criteria: Must have mental health diagnosis. Individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism diagnoses are not eligible for this program.
- Languages: Bengali, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), English, Hindi, Tagalog, Taiwanese, and Urdu
- Public Transportation: Subway—#7 train to Main St., Buses—Q17, Q20A/B, Q25, Q32, Q34, Q44, Q65, LIRR to Main St.
The Jamaica Family Wellness Center
163-18 Jamaica Avenue, Second Floor
Jamaica, NY 11432
Director: Julia Floyd Juliafloyd@childcenterny.org
For intakes for our Court-Involved Youth Program please contact our Engagement Specialist:
Cell Phone: 929-418-2004
- Hours: Monday—Thursday: 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.; Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Services provided: Individual and group counseling for mental health and/or substance use disorder, random toxicology, anger management, trauma groups, domestic violence services, family counseling, DUI Program and vocational counseling.
- Other services available on site: tele-visiting, Prevention and Family Support programs, Early Childhood Mental Health services, pediatric tele-health services, JobNet internship program, and Single Stop.
- Ages accepted: all ages—from children who have a parent struggling with substance misuse to adolescents and adults who need treatment for themselves.
- Admission criteria: Current or past history of substance use disorder or mental health concerns or being affected by someone else’s substance use. Serves parents whose substance use may be interfering with their ability to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
- Languages spoken: English, Creole, and Spanish
- Public transportation: Subway— E, J, Z train to Jamaica Center stop; walk three blocks north on Jamaica Avenue.
South Jamaica Clinic*
Lorraine Petracca Family Center
115-15 Sutphin Boulevard
South Jamaica, NY 11434
Phone: 718-297-8000 ext. 256
Fax: 718-262-8228Public Transportation: Buses— Q6
67-14 41st Avenue
Woodside, NY 11377
Director: Jessica Barrera-Morales Jessicamorales@childcenterny.org
For intakes and referrals, please contact Ms. Barrera-Morales.
- Hours: Monday and Thursday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Tuesday & Wednesday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Services provided: Culturally competent and multi-lingual outpatient counseling for mental health issues.
- Ages accepted: Newborn – 21
- Admission criteria: Must have a mental health diagnosis. Individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism diagnoses are not eligible for this program.
- Languages spoken: English, Creole, Romanian, and Spanish
- Public transportation: Subways—#7 to 69th Street/Fisk Ave., E, F, V, G, R to Roosevelt Ave., Buses—Q18, Q45, Q60.
The Child Center also offers individual and family counseling through the Asian Outreach Program, which was developed in response to the unique needs of the Asian community. Our highly trained bilingual and bicultural therapists understand firsthand the hardships of immigration and are able to break through the language and cultural barriers that often keep Asian children and families from getting the help they need and deserve.
*Please note that our South Jamaica Clinic has permanently closed, but all of the services this site offered are still available. You can access all services at our Jamaica Family Wellness Center or via tele-health services. Please call 718-297-8000 so that we can help you.
**The Flushing Clinic is temporarily closed for construction so that we can ensure the site offers the best experience possible when clients come to us for care. All services continue to be provided remotely. If in-person services are needed, we are happy to accommodate those needs at one of our other clinic sites.