Cash+Community Works is a neighborhood-based initiative empowering under-resourced communities in NYC. Our goal is to help families make positive changes in their lives and community. This is accomplished through peer-driven support, individualized goal planning, and direct cash assistance. We believe families know what’s best for themselves, and our mission is to invest in their strengths, ingenuity, and collaborations.
OUR PILOT CLASS IS FULL
We are not accepting new applications at this time. C+C is a three-year program. Due to high demand, our 2022-2025 pilot class is FULL. We will post here when new slots become available.
How it works:
- Families commit for a three year period and meet regularly with a neighborhood-based peer network and a Child Center Family and Community Liaison.
- We provide $3,600 in unrestricted cash incentives ($200/month for 18 months) to support families' financial and wellness goals.
- Families document spending, access resources, and receive crowdfunding support via a data platform.
- Participants can also apply for grants to support goals such as establishing a business or attending school.
- At the end of the 18 months, we provide an $800 incentive to transition families to independence.
- Families agree to continue using a data platform and meet with their peer network to share progress and data for an additional 18 months.