The Child Center of NY is committed to serving young people in the best way possible for each individual child and family. Our Residential Services division provides a warm and welcoming home and the highest level of care for youth facing the toughest mental health and behavioral health challenges. We use the same principle that characterizes all our programs: that every child, given the right skills, education, counseling, and support, can go on to lead healthy, fulfilling lives.
Programs offer holistic care that supports each resident’s cognitive, social-emotional, and physical well-being, so they can reach their full potential in each of these inter-related areas. We also work with teens’ families, involving them in their child’s care and helping to strengthen the bonds between them. Our goal is to ensure that young people in residential treatment can realize sustained positive outcomes post-treatment, including improved family relationships and success living in the community.
The Child Center Residential Treatment Facility
2050 Dean Street
Brooklyn, NY 11233
Senior Program Director: Julia Floyd-Ventura firstname.lastname@example.org
The Child Center Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) is a coeducational program in a warm, supportive environment that serves young people ages 12-18 who have had multiple psychiatric hospital placements or have been involved with the juvenile justice system. It is the only downstate RTF in the state that is a dual NYS Office of Mental Health/Office of Children and Family Services facility. We never consider it too late to give young people the help they need, and we are pleased to partner with these two agencies to ensure the young people in our care have the skills and support they need to achieve long-term success.
Reflecting The Child Center’s dedication to comprehensive care, the RTF is staffed by clinical coordinators, psychiatric providers, a pediatrician, and 24-hour nursing staff, as well as certified teachers, a vice principal, and a principal through a District 75 in-house educational service, under the auspices of NYC Department of Education. All supports are individualized and tailored to the needs of the young people.
- Services provided:
- Comprehensive trauma-informed clinical services, including individual, group, and family therapy
- Specialized evidence-informed clinical interventions
- Psychiatric services and medication management
- Creative arts and strengths-based programming, including film, theatre, music, and art
- Intensive 24/7 caring and compassionate supervision, coaching, skill development and crisis support
- Quality special education in small class sizes of 8:1:1, taught by certified teachers
- Vocational skill building and opportunities
- Independent living skills coaching and development
- Aftercare support and follow-up so that residents have the best chance for long-term success
- Ages accepted: 12-18
- Admission criteria: Must be referred to residential treatment by the regional offices of the Office of Mental Health
- Languages spoken: English
- Public transportation: Subway: C train, Bus: B45, B47
- Services provided:
You must be logged in to post a comment.