Macari Perinatal Intensive Outpatient Program
**Program will officially open in May; we are now accepting referrals and can provide individual services virtually. We look forward to hearing from you!**
The Child Center of NY’s Perinatal Intensive Outpatient Program, funded by the New York State Office of Mental Health, provides intensive mental health services and supports to pregnant women and women who recently gave birth and were newly diagnosed with Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, more commonly known as Postpartum Depression.
Postpartum depression can have long-term effects on mental health, especially if compounded by pre-existing trauma. Our bilingual and bicultural therapists utilize evidence-based, trauma-focused models of treatment to stabilize depression, work on the mother-infant relationship, and support the extended family so they can support their baby’s development and establish a healthy, loving bond.
We know that new moms often face what may seem like debilitating challenges as they seek to care for and bond with their baby, and that so many biological and environmental factors play a role. We also know that the love they have for their babies is deep and enduring, and that with the right skills and support, they can become the confident, healthy and loving parents they can be and their babies deserve.
The program is five hours a day, for 2–5 days a week, depending on need. An on-site nursery staffed by experienced caregivers helps participants focus on their recovery and involve their baby in their healing. Extended family members and fathers are welcome too!
The Macari Family Center at Flushing Clinic
140-15B Sanford Avenue
Flushing, NY 11355
Phone: 929-456-7956 (Beverly Gould, Mental Health Coordinator)
- Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-3:00 p.m., based on client need. Virtual appointments may also be available; please contact us for more information.
- Services Provided: Screening and assessment, individual and family therapy, dyadic mother-baby interaction therapy, therapeutic, parenting and psychoeducation groups, peer support, psychiatric evaluation and medication management, on-site pediatric services, on-site therapeutic nursery, case management through the Health Homes program
- Other Services on site: The Flushing Clinic is a multiservice site that also offers mental health counseling and substance use disorder treatment, early childhood mental health services, child abuse prevention and family support, and a Single Stop program that provides free counseling on entitlement, health insurance, social services, and legal services.
- Ages: Geared towards caregivers of children ages newborn to age 2
- Admission criteria: Pregnant women and women who have recently given birth and have been newly diagnosed with Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, more commonly known as Postpartum Depression. A clinical/medical referral is helpful, but clients may self-refer. Those who self-refer will be given an assessment to determine eligibility.
- Languages: English, Spanish, and Mandarin.
- Public Transportation: Subway—#7 train to Main St., Buses—Q17, Q20A/B, Q25, Q32, Q34, Q44, Q65, LIRR to Main St.