Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment for Children, Adolescents, and Adults
The Child Center of NY provides licensed Integrated Outpatient Services to adolescents and adults. Our goal is to improve the overall quality of care for individuals with multiple behavioral health conditions by treating the person as a whole. We also offer services to family members of a loved one struggling with these conditions. Our caring and qualified staff help clients develop the skills and confidence to find lasting recovery and lead healthy, fulfilling lives.
The Jamaica Family Wellness Center
163-18 Jamaica Avenue, Second Floor
Jamaica, NY 11432
The Jamaica Family Wellness Center offers services for the whole family so that you and your loved ones can get the help you may need in one convenient place, right in your neighborhood, in the language you speak, with staff who understand the challenges you face. We treat mental health, physical health, and substance use issues for all ages under one roof, and also offer specialized programs such as internships and guidance on entitlements and benefits. Our goal is to improve the overall quality of care by treating the person — and family — as a whole. Our beautiful new 10,000 square-foot space features state-of-the-art equipment and a modern, welcoming look and feel. Our clients deserve the best experience when they come to us for care, and we are committed to providing it.
- Hours: Monday—Thursday: 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.; Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Services provided: Individual and group counseling for mental health and/or substance use disorder (addiction), random toxicology, anger management, trauma groups, domestic violence services, family counseling, DUI Program and vocational counseling.
- Other services available on site: tele-visiting program for incarcerated families, Prevention and Family Support programs, Early Childhood Mental Health services, pediatric tele-health services, JobNet internship program, and Benefits Access
- Ages accepted: all ages—from children who have a parent struggling with substance misuse to adolescents and adults who need treatment for themselves.
- Admission criteria: Current or past history of substance use disorder or mental health concerns, or being affected by someone else’s substance use. Serves parents whose substance use may be interfering with their ability to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
- Languages spoken: English, Creole, and Spanish
- Public transportation: Subway— E, J, Z train to Jamaica Center stop; walk three blocks north on Jamaica Avenue.
South Jamaica Clinic*
115-15 Sutphin Boulevard
South Jamaica, NY 11434
Phone: 718-297-8000 ext. 256
Public Transportation: Buses— Q6
Hank Auffarth Family Center
81-14 Queens Boulevard
Elmhurst, NY 11373
- Hours: Monday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Tuesday—Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Services provided: Culturally competent and multi-lingual outpatient counseling for mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Special Services: Benefits Access, Asian Outreach Program, Early Childhood Mental Health Initiative
- Ages accepted: All ages, newborn-adult
- Admission criteria: One member of family must have a mental health or substance abuse diagnosis. Individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism diagnoses are not eligible for this program.
- Languages spoken: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), English, Gujarati, Hindi, Korean, Marathi, Punjabi, Spanish, and Urdu
Macari Family Wellness Center
140-15B Sanford Avenue, Second Floor
Flushing, NY 11355
For the most efficient way to make a referral to us, please send your inquiry to email@example.com. (Please note: If you have a referral inquiry, you need to send only one email to this email address and do not need to copy any other parties, as emails to this email address are forwarded to our entire intake team, including the director and supervisors of our program.)
- Hours: Monday—Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Services Provided: Culturally competent and multi-lingual outpatient counseling for mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Special Services: Benefits Access, Asian Outreach Program, Early Childhood Mental Health Initiative, OnTrackNY
- Ages: All ages, newborn-adult
- Admission criteria: Must have mental health diagnosis. Individuals with intellectual disabilities or autism diagnoses are not eligible for this program.
- Languages: Bengali, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), English, Hindi, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Urdu
- Public Transportation: Subway—#7 train to Main St., Buses—Q17, Q20A/B, Q25, Q32, Q34, Q44, Q65, LIRR to Main St.
Asian Outreach Program
The Child Center of NY also offers outpatient substance abuse treatment services through the Asian Outreach Program (AOP) at our Flushing and Elmhurst* Clinics. AOP was developed in response to the unique needs of the Asian community. While we are open to people of all backgrounds, we are unique in that we have trained, professional staff who speak a variety of Asian languages (see above), as well as Spanish and English. Our highly trained bilingual and bicultural therapists are able to break through the language and cultural barriers that often prevent Asian immigrants and first-generation Americans of Asian descent from accessing needed substance abuse services.
AOP provides addiction treatment to children, adolescents, and adults, as well as counseling for significant others impacted by their loved ones’ chemical addictions. We also offer treatment for co-occurring mental health issues, family and school problems, psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and both individual and group treatment, including DWI groups. We accept a variety of insurances and have a sliding scale fee.
*Elmhurst Clinic has relocated to Woodside Clinic. All services can be accessed at Woodside Clinic via tele-health. Please call 718-458-4243 so that we can help you.