The Child Center of NY Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Page
To best serve the children and families we work with each day, this page will provide updates on the status of our programs, as well as resources and best practices to help keep everyone healthy and safe. Please check back regularly for updates, and do not hesitate to contact our main office or your program office if you have questions.
Closings, Schedule Changes, and Updates
Updated 3/26/20: In response to the closing of NY schools and other guidance from government agencies, The Child Center has closed some of our program locations. We will continue to be creative in serving the children and families in our care the best way that we can while keeping all of us safe. Here is the latest program information. Please feel free to contact your program directly with any questions.
- EarlyLearn Centers: Locations are closed. Per the DOE, all NYC Schools are closed until at least April 20. EarlyLearn programs have transitioned to a remote learning model. Classroom teachers will remain in contact with all families through a modified model using a variety of electronic means with flexibility that meets the needs of the each family.
- Early Head Start and ParentChild+: Programs have transitioned to a remote learning model. Home visitors will remain in contact with all families through a modified model using a variety of electronic means with flexibility that meets the needs of each family.
- Behavioral Health Clinics and Centers: Staff are implementing telephone, tele-video, and abbreviated site schedules.** Your clinician will remain in touch with you.
- Health Homes, Home Visiting, and Prevention and Family Support: We are implementing telephone, tele-video, and limited home visits. Program staff will remain in touch with you.
- Beacon, Cornerstone, and other Community Centers: Per city guidelines, our Beacon, school-based, and NYPD centers are closed until April 20. Beach 41st, Hammel Houses, and Redfern Community Cornerstones are open 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday, for grab-and-go meals; you must call ahead; Latimer Community Cornerstone’s hours are 10 am.-4 p.m. Call your program site for more information. We are actively working with city agencies to find ways to continue to serve our children and families with vital resources. Please check back for updates.
- Afterschool Programs and Community Schools: Locations are closed. Per the DOE, all NYC Schools are closed until at least April 20. We are actively working to find ways to continue to serve our children and families. Please check back for updates.
- Alternate High Schools: Locations are closed. Per the DOE, all NYC Schools are closed until at least April 20.
**Modified Clinic Hours (by appointment):
Additional Information and Resources
Follow the guidelines and information provided by the trusted agencies below. Please share these resources, and the fliers on this page, with your community.
For information on COVID-19 in NY State and New York City
NY State Department of Health
Subscribe to New York State’s Coronavirus Updates
NYC Health–COVID-19 Website
NYC Health–Fact Sheet
NYC Department of Education
Mayor de Blasio Issues State of Emergency
Protect Yourself from COVID-19
COVID-19: FAQ for Parents and Caregivers of Pre-School and School-Age Children
MTA Precautions Against the Coronavirus
New Yorkers can text COVID to 692-692 to get regular updates on the latest developments regarding COVID-19; text COVIDESP to 692-692 for updates in Spanish.